Posted: Mar 14th, 2013
Hood Health Fair & Peoples’ Forum
When: Saturday, March 16, 2013
Where: Los Angeles, CA
Please join us THIS SATURDAY, March 16th at the Southern California Library for the First Hood Health Fair & Peoples’ Forum!
The event is from 1–5 PM, childcare will be provided
6120 S. Vermont Ave. LA, CA 90044 (cross is w. 61st Street)
Email here (hoodhealthlagmailcom) or call 323–316-8933 for more info.
There will be LOADS of great information and resources, including a free seedling giveaway, opportunities to get tested for high blood pressure and diabetes, rapid HIV testing. Even have a session with an acupuncturist- free!
From 1:45– 2:15pm There will be workshops on:
- Tai Chi
- Healthy fresh food preparation/ interactive workshop with Large Marge
- Preventing and controlling high blood pressure & diabetes
- Why we need Medicare for All and Strike Medical Debt Campaign/ Rolling Jubilee
- What you need to know about the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) with County+Community Health Empowerment (C+CHE)
- Community Gardening w/ Master Gardener Sarah
- Qi Gong with Misako
3:00pm- How Incarceration is Harmful to our Health, with Bita Amani, PhD, MHS
From 3:30–4:30 we will have the Peoples’ Forum where we will have the opportunity to engage one another about personal and community health, important issues we face regarding our healthcare options and what we can do about it!
4:30–5:00pm: Stay for a healthy community meal prepared earlier by participants at food prep workshop– YUM!!!!
We hope to see you Saturday for an afternoon full of great people, food, information and conversation. Til then, be well friends!
- Hood Health (hoodhealthlagmailcom)
Power to the People! Healthcare is a Human Right!