Posted: Nov 22nd, 2011
CaHPSA Lobby Day & Rally to support SB 810
When: Monday, January 9, 2012
Where: Sacramento & Los Angeles
Please join hundreds of health professional students and activists on the steps of the capitol as we rally to support SB 810, the California Universal Healthcare Act. For the sixth year in a row, hundreds of dedicated students take to streets and march to the capitol to voice their support for healthcare justice for all. As the future of medicine, these brave young people support a system where everyone has access to medical care, not just those who can afford it. Please join us in cheering them on as they lobby their legislators to enact a publicly financed, privately delivered, equitable, sustainable and just health care system for all Californians!
If you are unable to travel to Sacramento on this day, please join us in Los Angeles for a solidarity action.
Los Angeles Event Details:
- 11 AM Assemble at Pershing Square – 532 South Olive St, Los Angeles 90013 (Pershing Square Metro). Meet by fountain
- 11:15 AM — “Funeral Procession” march to Insurance Giant Office near 8th St. and Figueroa– view parking options here
Sacramento Event Details:
- 11 AM @ 3rd Street and Capitol Mall — March to the Capitol with the students, nurses, seniors and more
- 12 PM Rally @ Capitol North Steps
- Approximately 1 PM – March and action on Insurance Industry Giant with a health fair (lunch provided)
Download the flyer here. For more information, contact the organizers at infohealthycaliforniacampaignorg (infohealthycaliforniacampaignorg) .
Buses to Sacramento:
The Campaign is providing bus transportation for the Sacramento Action. We are asking folks to contribute to buses. Cost is $40 per person, but it’s a sliding scale – whatever people can give, NO ONE will be turned away for lack of funds. Lunch will be provided at the Sacramento rally. All buses should be home by 5pm with the exception of Fresno.
- San Francisco — SF Main Library at Larkin and Fulton at 9am. (reserve a seat through CARA at 510–663-4086)
- Richmond — Target at 42nd and MacDonald Ave at 9:45am (reserve a seat through CARA at 510–663-4086)
- Vallejo – behind Seven Eleven on Georgia Street at 10:00am(reserve a seat through Mary Magill at 707–748-0721)
- Berkeley – Ashby Bart at 9:30am. (reserve a seat through CARA at 510–663-4086)
- San Jose– South Bay Labor Council, 2102 Almaden Road, San Jose at 8:30am (reserve a seat through Greg Miller 408–254-3311 brogregmsbcglobalnet (brogregmsbcglobalnet) )
- Grass Valley — KMart, 111 W. McKnight Way at 9:30 (reserve a seat through Mindy Oberne 530 273‑3033 healthcareforallbaggladycom (healthcareforallbaggladycom) )
- Roseville – UDW office, 800 Sunrise Ave Suite C at 10:15am (reserve a seat through Diana at 916–435-9760)
- Fresno – Mervyn’s Parking Lot, Ashlan and Shields at 7:30am (reserve a seat through Judy Hess 559–434-8721 judyhessgmailcom (judyhessgmailcom) )
- Modesto – Old Krispy Kreme, Briggsmoore at Highway 99 at 9:15am (reserve a seat through Carol Bailey at 209–921-0499)
- Stockton: Clarion Hotel, Highway 99 @ Waterloo at 10am. (reserve a seat through Carol Bailey at 209–921-0499)
Can’t attend? Consider sponsoring a CaHPSA medical student or other health professional student to go to Lobby Day 2012. If interested, please email Joey Foy (joeypnhpcaliforniaorg) , Shearer Student Fellow.
Lets make this years’ Lobby Day a great success! Together, Single Payer WILL happen!